Before I had my children, I always fantasized about becoming a mother and what it would be like. In my head it seemed pretty simple. Until it became reality, then I realised just how challenging it can be.
I got to a point in life, after Ruby, where I had become a confident mother (totally winging it). So I thought I’d mix it up a little and have another one 😉
I was definitely unaware of what I’d let myself in for.
But it’s all relative right? One child is hard when you have one, One child is easy when you have two.. Etc. You don’t know how hard something is until your at that point.
Here is a few from my personal list of things (good and bad) that you learn when you have more than one;
- It is possible to be so tired that you actually cry.
- You can cry about crying about being tired.
- That you will argue with your partner over who is more tired.
- A cuddle with your children, makes everything better.
- Babies can stay awake all night and still be buzzing, parents don’t have this feature.
- Sometimes you have to priotise over who needs you most. Hearing the words “I need a wee” mid feed is enough to give you a Panic attack.
- You never (or rarely) see the bottom of the washing basket.
- Constantly having a small child hanging from your body.
- The hot head rage you get when your persistent toddler does the opposite of everything you say.
- When they cry in unison, it makes you feel like your loosing the plot.
- Hearing them giggle together, actually melts your heart.
- You can never leave the house quickly, either the toddler strips or the baby shits.
- You learn to do almost everything with one hand.
- It is possible to love them both the same (I never thought this to be true)
- 24 hours in a day is simply not enough time to get everything done.
- Toddlers don’t give in, they can literally whine all day if they feel like it.
- Hearing the words “I love you mummy” is enough to reduce you to happy tears.
- Food shopping alone is what dreams are made of.
- It is possible to cry with your children.
- The days are so long but a month seems to fly by in seconds!
Everyday is a battle, but usually ends in victory. I wouldn’t change it, these two are my absolute universe! I’d be lost without them now..