Bit of a bold statement, but I know this to be true. Whether it’s just my crap parenting skills or its normality to bribe your children with things… It works.
I can repeat myself over and over but ofcourse it always goes unheard. Until I bring out the biscuit card… Then she’ll listen to anything and everything I say..
Anyway today has been a fabulous day, not much biscuit bribery going on, one of those days where you actually feel like a pinterest mum 😂
Ofcourse this has been regularly interrupted by a whining toddler. I decided to make a note of all the ridiculous reasons she’s had an emotional breakdown today;
- She couldn’t get her pants on over her tights that were down.
- Lola’s dress didn’t fit her.
- The butter off her hot cross bun fell off.
- Lola stole her toy (Lola is incapable of such things)
- The hoover was too loud, she couldn’t hear her music.
- She wanted a cuddle.. But not like that, like this (whatever that meant)
- She couldn’t open her cereal bar..
- She wanted her castle.. I Gave her the wrong one (she only has one)
- She wanted music but not that music, the pig one..
All in all she’s cried about the dumbest stuff. Which I try my best not to laugh at, because for her… The struggle is real.
Trying to calm them down when they are having these ridiculous breakdowns is challenging, but I know exactly what would instantly fix these issues and convince them to calm down…. A biscuit 🍪